The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines explores the wines of the world over 9 evenings and includes a wine tasting in each class. The course is suitable for both those working in hospitality/wine retail or those who would like to study wine from a global perspective and learn about international wine standards provide introductory product knowledge and training to those employed or those wishing to pursue a career in the liquor industry. WSET Level 2 Award in Wines is a beginner- to intermediate-level qualification exploring wines, suitable for industry professionals and wine enthusiasts.
You’ll gain knowledge of the principal and regionally important grape varieties of the world, the regions in which they are grown, and the styles of wine they produce. Through a combination of tasting and theory, you’ll explore the factors that impact style and quality and learn how to describe these wines with confidence.
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine®(SAT)
- How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking, and maturation options influence the style and quality of wines made from eight principal grape varieties
- The style and quality of wines made from 22 regionally important grape varieties, produced in over 70 geographical indications (GIs) around the world
- How grape varieties and winemaking processes influence key styles of Sparkling wines & Fortified wines
- Key labeling terms used to indicate origin, style, and quality
- Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of a wine
- Principles of food and wine pairing
Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions to be completed within 60 minutes. A total mark of 55% is required to achieve a pass. All students who pass will be issued with a certificate and will receive a lapel pin.
You must be at least 18 years of age to attend the course and to participate in any alcohol tasting.
If you need to cancel or change the date of the course for any reason you must do so 14 working days before the course starts, and we will charge a $25 administrative fee. Making changes to your reservation within 14 business days of the start date will result in an administrative change fee of 25% of the cost of the course. No refunds are given for changes made within 3 business days of the start of the course.
Find out more details about WSET Level 2 specifications here.
Sign up now! Registrations close 15 working days before the course.