WSET Level 2 Awards in Wines Online course. The flexibility to study wine in a way that fits your schedule.
The Level 2 Award in Wine Online class covers the same syllabus as the classroom course but through a supported and Interactive Online Classroom, which allows you to study alongside your peers under the guidance of a dedicated educator. This is a five-week, instructor-led online course with fixed start and end dates. However, you will have access to our online study resource for 12-months.
Our online classroom gives students the advantage of a structured and instructor-guided online environment that helps students gain an understanding of the principal grape varieties grown and the different styles of wine produced around the world as well as the production of sparkling and fortified wines.
- Week 1 – Factors Influencing Wine Style, Quality & Price, Sales & Service, Responsible Drinking
- Week 2 – Key Grape Varieties
- Week 3 – Regional, Quality & Stylistic Labeling Terms, Food & Wine Matching
- Week 4 – Sparkling and Fortified Wines
- Week 5 – Review and Mock Exam
The course explores the major grape varieties and important regions that define the world’s key wines in a structured and engaging format. You’ll learn about production, key labeling terminology, tasting techniques, and major classifications to help you identify wines with confidence.
To earn the WSET Level 2 Award Certificate in Wine, you will need to pass the exam with 50 multiple-choice questions. The exam is taken in Guyana.
There is no previous wine knowledge needed to enroll in this course. This class is especially recommended for:
- Those in the retail, hospitality or wholesale areas of the wine and spirits industry wishing to obtain greater knowledge and professional certification from a trusted internationally-recognized organization;
- Wine enthusiasts wanting to gain a broad view of grapes and wines produced around the world
- Anyone wanting to learn how to taste and access wines professionally
Upon successful completion of this WSET Level 2 Certification course you will have gained:
- Training in the broad range of wine knowledge which will help you in sales, hospitality, and commercial areas of the industry.
- WSET Tutored tasting of wines.
- Knowledge of the systematic approach to tasting that will allow you to access a wine’s quality and price.
- Level 2 Award in Wine Certification from the WSET – which is a formal qualification in wine.
The online class includes:
- 2 LIVE webinars and instructor support.
- A timed feedback test is provided at the end of each week for students to practice for the exam and assess their understanding of that week’s topics.
- Tasting activities to help familiarize students with the Systematic Approach to Tasting at Intermediate level.
- 50 question mock-exam to prepare you for the actual in-person exam.
- One exam credit