A beginner to intermediate level qualification exploring spirits and liqueurs for those working in the industry or spirits enthusiasts.
For individuals wishing to develop their expertise in spirits and liqueurs, you’ll learn about the fundamental production methods and principal raw materials discovering how they are used to make the key spirit styles. You’ll also explore the key practices and principles of serving spirits and the use of spirits in cocktails.
As you work through the course you will be asked to share your learning experience with the rest of the course group, looking at the key spirit types and sharing tasting notes. Tasting is an essential part of studying for this course, and you will need to taste a minimum of 8 spirits (not provided, but you will be given guidance on the styles to taste).
Successful students will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
- How spirits are made?
- The characteristics of the main styles of spirits and liqueurs
- How production methods affect style and quality?
- The major global spirits brands
- How to taste and describe spirits using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® (SAT)
- Online tastings on eight general styles of spirits with educator feedback (students to provide their own samples)
To obtain the WSET® Level 2 Award Certificate in Spirits, you will need to successfully pass the 50 multiple-choice question exam.
- Duration – 5 weeks of an online guided study.
- Student activities – weekly tasks, group tasting area, multiple-choice feedback tests, and videos supported by the textbook.
- Educator – guides the student through the weekly tasks for 5 weeks.
- Student access – once the booking is confirmed, students have access for 1 year which includes the scheduled 5 weeks of a guided study.
- Paper exams may be taken in person at our office. *Please note that due to the pandemic, we are not currently scheduling in-person exam dates.
- Online Remotely Invigilated (RI) exams are also available. RI Exam date and time will be scheduled directly with students by the APP at the start of the course.
- Closed book exam.
This qualification has a minimum requirement of 26 hours of study time, including 14 hours of classroom or online delivery time.
The Level of Knowledge Needed to Take This Course: None necessary.
Upon successful completion of this WSET® Level 2 Certification Course, you will have gained.
Training in the broad range of spirits and liqueur, knowledge which will help you in sales, hospitality, and wholesale areas of the industry.
WSET® ONLINE Tutored tasting of spirits.
Knowledge of the systematic approach to tasting that will allow you to assess a spirit’s quality and price.
Level 2 Award in Spirits Certification from the WSET®
- Includes Priority shipping of course book, 5-week online course, textbooks, study materials, and exam.
- Adobe Flash Player 11. Internet access (broadband recommended).