A beginner level introduction to spirits for those starting a career in the industry or pursuing an interest in spirits. For individuals new to the subject, this qualification offers a hands-on introduction to the world of spirits. You’ll explore the main styles and types of spirits through sight, smell, and taste to develop an understanding of the key factors affecting flavors and aromas. Upon successful completion, you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
- There are no prerequisites for WSET Level 1 Spirits.
- 4 weeks of an online guided study.
- The minimum requirement of 6 hours of study time is recommended.
What You’ll Learn
- The basic principles of spirit production
- The main types and styles of spirits
- How to serve spirits
- Factors affecting the flavor of spirits
- How to describe spirits using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® (SAT)
- Paper exams may be taken in person at our office. *Please note that due to the pandemic, we are not currently scheduling in-person exam dates.
- Online Remotely Invigilated (RI) exams are also available. RI Exam date and time will be scheduled directly with students by the APP at the start of the course.
- Closed book exam.
- 30 multiple-choice questions
- WSET Study guide
- WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT) guide
Upon successful completion, you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
For further information on this course please see the official Specification here.